Title coined from my days of reading and writing for the Odyssey Purdue. I have deleted the Twitter app from my phone in a small attempt to be more present and less distracted while I’m here. I do miss writing down my random thoughts from day to day and I have ended up recording them through the notes in my phone.
Thus a recap of my observations:
- When I return to America, the coffee will make me sad. I have become accustomed to the small but mighty espresso. I might cry at the sight of gas station coffee water. Even my work office has an espresso-style Keurig thingy. Although, I do miss running errands with my ~caramel iced coffee~ and @mybffElaina.
- Memorial Day stung a little bit. My heart aches for the taste of the American summer.
- I’m working in recruitment and it dawned on me. In the interview process the saying does not apply, “No news is good news.”
- A highly specific time that I miss my mom is when I realize how bad I am at cutting muskmelon.
- A friendly suggestion: Open your mind and seek inspiration. You can choose to be inspired instead of passively being inspired. This thought could lead to it’s own blog post.
- In Australia, when someone arrives to the office, everyone cheerfully greets them and says hello. I feel like in America, you might get a nod.
Whether or not these observations are productive, they are highly relevant. Peace, love, and imperfect manifesto.